I suggest you ...

Automatic Updating for Apps

One of my top 3 issues with distributing outside the Play Store is chasing users down to get them to update to the latest version.

For 98% of our users, it's their first time ever installing an application outside of Play Store, so the interface to update seems strange for them. Also, they are used to Play Store automatically updating so it is 超めんどくさい if they have to do manual updates.

I'm sure there are some technical issues with what I want, but I still can dream of this possibility.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff Drivemode shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • João Orui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are seeing that users tend not to upgrade even though DeployGate sends them a notification.

I understand that there are limitations that prevents DeployGate from providing an auto-update like Google Play Store, but as a beta product our top priority is "learning from users" and we'd like to have most of users using the latest version.

If we could use the DeployGate SDK to deactivate older versions and force them to upgrade in order to use the app, that would be a great functionality. Not only for us but many startups that depend on DeployGate to learn from users. :)

English

Feedback and Knowledge Base